Tips for Recruitment
The decision to join a fraternity or sorority one that will impact you for the rest of your life. It is important that you join the one that is right for you. We have provided some tips below*.
- Show Interest: Fill out the MGC interest form as early as possible to maximize contact with chapters.
- Explore: Meet with multiple organizations and meet with them often. That the time to see them in a variety of different settings so you know which is truly best for you.
- Do your research: follow the council and chapters on social media, check out the FSL website, attend multiple events, and anything else you can think of that will help you to better understand everything.
- Complete the FSL Virtual Orientation Module: This module gives you a general perspective on the FSL experience across our community, nationally, and globally! Visit the virtual orientation at this LINK.
- Ask questions: If you are wondering about a part of the recruitment or new member process, ask! If you are wondering about scholarship opportunities, ask! This is a lifelong decision, you have the information you need to make the right one.
- Be yourself: If you spend the entire recruitment process pretending to be someone you're not, enjoy things you hate, and care about things you dislike, then both you and the chapter will be disappointed.
- Involve those around you: Parents, guardians, friends, siblings. While the choice is ultimately yours, and you must make it for you alone, talking things through with others will help you process and understand everything better.
*Following these tips does not guarantee receiving a bid. They will just better prepare you for the recruitment process.